Working as a professional freelance historian for over twenty years, I have academic qualifications and professional accreditation with Professional Historians Australia, the peak professional organisation for freelance historians in Australia. I have served on the national and state management committees of Professional Historians Australia in various capacities for two decades.
As an accredited professional historian I have researched and written numerous published histories of organisations, schools, buildings, municipalities and people. Commissions and reports for private and corporate clients have included heritage significance assessments and citations for buildings, bridges, parks and trees, research for permanent and temporary museum exhibitions and websites, archives assessments, and biographical and genealogical research.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland 1985
- Post-graduate Diploma in Arts, University of Queensland 1996
- Master of Arts, University of Queensland 1999.
Professional and community involvements
- Professional Historians Australia and its Queensland association – various committee roles since 2002; Queensland conference organiser 2009 & 2014; national conference 2021 organising committee
- Engineering Heritage Queensland – committee member 2009 to 2017
- Mt Crosby and Moggill Historical Societies – founding and continuing committee member
Member of Royal Historical Society of Queensland, Ipswich Historical Society, Toowoomba Historical Society and Roma & District Family History Society